Grandma bought the kids gingerbread house kits. They asked me everyday for a week when they were going to be able to put them together. Finally on Sunday we let them make the houses.

FYI- make sure you read the package before you start. The gingerbread houses need to sit for an hour before you start decorating them. They kept collapsing on us. For any of you that are thinking of doing this with your kids. I would suggest putting the houses together yourself the day before than letting the kids decorate them later. I learned the hard way!

The kids wanted us to judge their houses. Brigham won "Most Eaten!" Once Brigham realized there was candy involved he didn't care too much for the decorating. He just wanted to eat the candy.

Shae won "most colorful"
Bodell won "Best
design." Thanks Grandma for a fun activity!
10 comments:
Not only are all of our posts the same....but the kitchen table where the gingerbread houses were made is even the same. That is so funny!
It really is funny that all your blogs are the same last post...you gingerbread house making fools. andrea, we went to dinner with your mom in nashville last night and had so much fun. I hope you are feeling well and where are some pictures of your baby bump? we hope you guys are loving Blanding and the new house, the kids look like they are always having a great time. does this little boy have a name?
Andrea really is a cute pregnant lady, but she is always behind the camera. I hear she was being quite generous with the word "we" since there is no sign of Josh in the background cleaning up the mess.
What fun festivities! I'm attempting to do the gingerbread thing too, but next year remind me about the KIT idea - what a breakthrough!
Thanks for the tip about letting them sit first. My kids have also been begging all week to put the kit together that I bought. I was thinking maybe tomorrow night, so I'll try to get the houses put together tonight.
It looks like you have been a busy blogger:).
I am going to have to go track down one of those kits, that looks like such a fun family home evening activity.
Andrea, I just posted another playdate from this summer. It is the time we went to Cottonwood. There are some cute pictures of your kids, and some of you and your sister also.
thanks for showing paisley to grandma. we wish we could just pop on over and see her. Hope you guys have a merry christmas!
I love checking your blog, so fun!
Hey Andrea. We got your Christmas card. It is so cute and I can't believe how adorable your kiddos are. It will be great to keep in touch with you through blogging.
Seeing your kids at the table doing "crafts" totally brings back all the cute crafts that you did with Logan in Iowa. Gosh time flies. Glad to see you guys are happy, healthy and well.
Have a great New Year!
Post a Comment