Our Family

Our Family
Our Family

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My First Professional Gig

I was asked to play in a community concert. I needed to prepare enough pieces to play for about 25 minutes. I have been dreading the event. Last night was the concert. I was very relieved when it was over. The event coordinators gave me an envelope when I was there. I thought it was probably a thank you card. When I opened it, it was a check. I guess I am now a professional pianist!

We did not take pictures at the concert. Here I am at home showing off my prize money. I guess I have no more pride if I am displaying my picture when I am nine months pregnant.

8 comments:

Andy & Alicia said...

DANG! I wanted to go to that. I was impressed to see your name on the flyer, that's pretty cool. I bet it was so scary, but I bet you did so good. Plus you're earning money, even better!

Nan said...

I missed it, too. Congrats on becoming a professional pianist. And someday you might be glad to have actual photo evidence of you as a pregnant person. Of all five of my pregnancies with my kids, I only have a handful of photos of myself (and they are pretty scary). I kind of wish I had gotten some better pictures.

dusty and meag said...

are you kidding me? is that all you've got? you look 6 months pregnant...like you skipped the most fattening trimester. Try 50 lbs. on for size. OH I am sooo jealous. I guess that's what laying in a bed will do to you. You look great and I'm very impressed you are now a professional pianist. Can I be your agent?

Anonymous said...

Andrea, I have a couple of events I need some beautiful music for, are you willing to drive well, maybe "if the price is right?" Hummm, does this little one have a name yet? Let us know when the time has arrived, until then, take good care and we'll look forward to seeing you all soon.

Platte and Heather said...

I wish I could have been there! I am glad it is over for you and especially glad you got paid! What could be better?! I guess that means it's time to have a baby! His room looks awesome and I am sure Brig loves it! Can't wait to see the little guy.

Sarah said...

Andrea- We took our whole family there, and you were FABULOUS! Chris and I both agreed that it made us wish we had stuck with our piano lessons as kids. You played such a nice variety. All the older couples next to us were tapping their toes to the ragtime music. And you look beautiful pregnant. I hope all goes well with your delivery!

CK Black Family said...

I'm so sad I missed it, but I have no doubt that you were wonderful. Maybe we'll have to do a mini-concert for all of us who spaced!

Sunny Jones said...

Andrea, you were so good! I loved all the songs you played. I liked how you told what you were playing and why. Great Job!! You got paid-WOW.

The kiddos

The kiddos