Having two girls first, it has been a whole new experience potty training a boy. I think I can safely say that Brigham is potty trained- (can I get a Hallelujah!!!) However I can't get over the need to pee wherever we are. Of course the girls would never think of peeing outside. Actually
Bodell tried once when she was younger after watching her cousin Cole pee outside. It took only one mess and she realized that was not fun. Brigham thinks that going outside is definitely more fun than going inside. I wouldn't mind it so much if he just went in the backyard. However, yesterday I had to run in
Bodell's school. I parked the car in the school drop-off area (right in front of the school.) I told the kids to stay in the car. I was in the school for two minutes. When I came out there was a new puddle right by the car. Shae was laughing
hysterically. She told me that Brigham had climbed out of the car, dropped his pants and went to the bathroom facing all the cars that were driving through to drop-off and pick-up their kids from gymnastics. Hopefully those that saw have boys and understand. The peeing fun continues: Last night I was cooking dinner. The kids were rollerblading and riding bikes in the garage. Then I heard
Bodell yelling that Brigham was peeing. I look out and sure enough there was a big puddle on the garage floor. Then he thought it would be great fun to ride his bike through the newly made puddle! BOYS!
5 comments:
Oh MY! He is hilarious! I love the story of him peeing in the school parking lot! He must really need to go, or he's taking after his dad :)
Well congrats on him being potty trained....that is always a good feeling. Way to go Brigham! I can just see the grin on his face as he pees out the van door.
gotta love it. That kid is a hoot. I wish I were driving by the school at that very moment!
If I could tell you the number of times I have had a boy pee in public. We have even had several occations when we were inside the house playing and went outside to pee off the front porch...Just be aware that there then comes times when they figure they can use the bathroom outside when they have to poop as well....that is not so forgivable.
At least he's potty trained, right? That's the world's best childhood milestone. And as for peeing outside: let's just say there were years where I don't think the neighbors looked outside without seeing one or more of my brothers peeing on the lawn. My poor mom.
Post a Comment